Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back to the Blog I go....again.

Once again I say, "I will try to post more often."
I am very excited to be picking up an Angora goat or two this coming weekend. Hopefully I will learn how to spin the mohair into wonderful yarn to knit with in the years to come. In the meantime I will shear them and save it.

We have begun preparing for winter by putting up a pen for the chickens. I guess they will only have free range during the warmer months since there won't be anything for them to eat out there in the snow, and it will stay cleaner for Macrae to play in. (Yes, I am already hoping for some snow! Sorry to those of you who don't like it.)
I have set up a new goat pen (to be) attached to the back of the garage. A door will be made so that the goats will have access to the indoor pen there, instead of being out by the chickens in that run-in.
My re-seeding of the horse pasture was successful. The roots should be secure enough to let the horses on it again, and if we don't have too much rain this Autumn they can stay out there full-time. They were out there (and loving it) all winter last year, but the Spring rains came, and they tore up most of the grass. Now I have to work on rock-removal of the newer pasture.


No comments: