Thursday, July 28, 2011

Change

They say it's the only thing you can count on. It's happening all around us, every day. Sometimes it's so gradual that you barely notice, then it catches you by surprise, like realizing that Macrae is almost 5 and beginning Kindergarten! Even though the years went by so fast, we enjoyed each and every day together, and will continue on, with his schooling at home.
My hair is getting longer, with much grayness, or I should say silveriness, as I often remember the words of Albert Dlugos, "My hair is silver, not gray." So with the passage of time comes not only new colors, but new beginnings, and with new beginnings there needs to be some endings.

As I think of the time and energy that homeschooling will require, I also think of the little strings that keep tugging at me to update things like the website and this blog. So I've decided to let them go, cut those strings, and create a fresh new beginning with a blog that is more related to life as we live it, rather than just the farm and the animals. It will be a journal of sorts with bits about our homeschooling activities, creative cooking, spiritual inspirations, the sharing of other blogs that move me to do so, the knitting that keeps me sane, fiber arts, and of course I will occasionally include the animals. As for facebook, you might not see me there as much either, unless I just post a link to the new blog when I update it.

So I hope you all will join me and Macrae on this new adventure into the first year of homeschooling, and blogging about it and our life in general!

My next post will have the name of our new blog home. Come visit!
Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog! Albert is my father, how do you know him? He really does say that.